For anyone who has lost all of their teeth, implant-supported dentures from Dennis J. Coleman DDS in Davidson may sound too good to be true: dentures that are attached to the jaw, and surpass traditional dentures in appearance and functionality.
Here are five things to know about dentures.
1. Dentures are not the only replacement choice for missing teeth. A removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, but an implant replaces both the root and crown. Dental implants can prevent bone recession that ordinarily occurs with missing teeth. They deliver patients the near-normal ability to chew food and speak.
2. There are more than one kind of denture. Most men and women are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some existing teeth. Partial dentures can be fixed in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a well-suited candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The important factor is whether you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can strengthen existing bone in some patients.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice correct oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no natural teeth left, it’s essential that you have twice-yearly dental examinations. Optimal oral health is a fundamental component of overall physical well-being.
At Dennis J. Coleman DDS in Davidson we provide state-of-the-art implant-supported dentures. We’ve placed them in people from Huntersville, Cornelius, and Lake Norman, who also come to us for complete general dentistry. Schedule an appointment today!
Contact Dennis J Coleman DDS – Family & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):